Thursday 3 March 2016

the unsent letter, the unspoken words - the fourth letter

The fourth letter
“I’ll be your bestfriend and you’ll be my valentine. Yes you can hold my hand if you want to, cause I wanna hold yours too. We’ll be playmate, and lovers and share all our secret world...” Big Girls Don’t Cry - Fergie

*     *     *
Good morning, dear someone that is still sleeping on your coach.
I assume it’s still 7.00 in the morning in your place, isn’t it? Listening to a song that reminds me of you, drinking sparkling water from the bottle, seeing my colleagues sleeping –and working—and here I am, writing about you. It feels like a fresh memory while actually it was two years ago and you know, I miss you a little bit –everyday.
It still occupies my mind, every little thing about you. Throwback to the first time I saw you, when you came and knocked the door of my bedroom cause you need password for the Wi-fi. It feels like you just came in time, when I was tired with everything and wanted to escape somewhere where no one can find me, when summer has come yet the rain won't stop and everything felt cold both inside and outside. However, you came and stood there just like a little piece of sunshine.
I remember the day when we finally talked because there's nobody else but the two of us, so you asked. It started with names, activities, and favorite things. Then you asked for milks cause you wanted to make mac and cheese that turned out to be such an epic fail. I laughed way too hard. But in the other day, you laughed at me cause I didn't know how to drink your lemonade from your bottle.
I remember the day when you asked me what's wrong because my face showed it all. I gave you an awkward smile and went straight to my room to put my bag, and went back to the kitchen to have a bowl of tuna mix salad for my dinner all alone. However, you came in and took your epic-fail mac and cheese from the fridge and sat in front of me.
You kept asking me why and looked at me like I need some help. Oh hell yeah, I did need some help.. I told you, the country you've lived since you're born is quite cold and there is no one to talk. I felt lonely and lost all the time. You asked me if I needed a hug and it was more than that.
I remember the day when you almost left the place, cause you have to go back to your hometown –it was summer and your family has plan to go overseas for vacation-- and our lips landed on each other lips. Spent the summer night to see the moon and talk about "what if" and how I will remember and missing you cause you are the best thing ever happened in the coldest country I’ve ever visited.
I forget how it ends, but I still remember how warm your soul was, when I needed it the most. A kiss that flew me away, a hug that put back the pieces of broken heart, a smile that brought a little sunshine in a rainy day, and the silliness that melts all the frozen inside. 
You're just like home. Though I've tried many times to walk away, in the end I will always come back to you. Always...


No comments: