Friday 11 March 2016

I am in love (with my job)

"Pekerjaan paling menyenangkan di dunia ini adalah hobi yang dibayar." - Ridwan Kamil.


Here it is, sitting in front of my desk, writing about how much I love my job and listening to a great song that I like since decades ago.  Yes, I am postponing to post another letters and start talking about what I do. 

So basically, I moved from the former company (for some typical-and-good reasons) to a start-up company that founded by my seniors in university. You know, the idea of moving from a settled place to unsettled place kinda scares me. But I know, this is what I've chosen. 

I do lots of things --since we are only eleven and most of them are IT guys and I am the only marketing people here, pls-- from a planner (you know, forecast, business plan -complete with its canvas/model-, marketing plan, budgeting and many more) to a social media strategist, website administrator, account management (both account executive and manager), writer -and editor- (yes, I do write articles and reviews. it's a lot) and many more. These, of course, give me headache. But the thing you should know, I really love it. 

Office that close to my home (plus without traffic), makes me able to workout before work in front of the desk. Work-life-health balance, checked!
Surrounded by happy-go-nuts-but-genius-and-caring-people, nice working-environment, great view from the windows (trees and few cars), and the most important thing: cheap and tasty restaurants! Well, we also have a real Italian pizza restaurant and an unique ice cream kiosk close to our office. Happy? YES WE DO!

But the most important thing here is, I love what I do. Writing is my passion since I was a kid. But I never been able to make a book (cause I am really bad in expressing through words -or facial expression) yet I can make short stories. And I can utilise (and improve) my writing skill here. To write an events, reviews, and articles is kind of confusing cause it depends on who your readers are. But I will consider it as a challenge. Improvement, right? :)
Social media, business plans (including its forecasting, budgeting, business canvas/model) website designing, presenting, and talking are things that I used to. They are some things that I have learned for long and I know, I like it. I found my passion in it. 

To be able to do what I love, is beyond my imagination. To be working here, is a blessing. 

I am happy with what I do. Are you happy with what you do too, readers? :-)

No comments: